- Do you enjoy the company of children?
- Want to contribute positively to a child’s life by providing excellent care and learning experiences?
- Looking for a flexible and fulfilling role that is also financially rewarding?
Vacancies currently exist for passionate and suitably qualified people to work as a Family Day Care Educator!
Run your own business and earn a great income while looking after your own children in the comfort of your home. If you have the positive attitude and drive to support children through their early years, then being an educator could be right for you.
Find out how Five Star Family Day care can help you start your journey.
What is Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is an approved form of child care that is provided in the family day care educator’s own home. Family day care educators are early childhood education and care professionals, registered with a family day care service that is responsible for approving, supporting, training and advising its educators. Educators adhere to the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and follow the National Quality Framework guidelines
How does Family Day Care work?
- Educators are registered early childhood professionals who work out of their own homes, providing high quality care and education to small groups of children.
- Educators care for groups of up to 4 children not attending school and up to a total of 7 children under 13, which includes the educator’s own children if any.
- Educators work in partnership with our coordination unit who provide regular visits to monitor the children’s progress and provide professional development.
- Educators create your own unique learning environment and an individualised program plan for each child.
- Flexible care options including full or part-time care, casual, holiday care and before and after school care are available.
- Educators embrace a diversity of languages and cultures to meet the needs of all children
What do I need to become an educator?
- A minimum qualification of Certificate III in Children’s Services or a higher qualification such as a diploma or degree in early childhood.
- Working With Children’s check Clearance
- National Police check (must be no more than 6 months old)
- HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting, current CPR certificate
- Provider Digital Access RA (Registration Authority) Number
- Maintain current public liability insurance
- Obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Ability to provide a safe and educational learning environment
- Assessment of your child care skills
- Inspection of your house to assess the suitability of family day care environment
- A house with a suitably sized backyard for children to use and permission from your landlord to run a service if you are in a rental property
Filling childcare vacancies in your service
Our staff will support you in filling the vacancies in your service. Promoting your service and marketing to families is usually done in partnership with our coordination unit.
We will field enquiries and match families with educators. Families are then referred to you for an interview. Family Day Care Australia also provide marketing resources to help promote your service.
Ongoing support and professional development
At Five Star Family Day Care, your professional development is very important to us. We believe it is the key to success in providing quality education and care to the children in your service.
We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities which includes home visits, mandatory workshops, targeted in-house training and meetings. Training workshops are a wonderful opportunity to meet other educators, share your experiences and learn from one another.
You will have regular contact with our coordination unit who will support in updating and maintaining your skills and knowledge.