“There is no trust more sacred than the one the world holds with children. There is no duty more important than ensuring that their rights are respected, that their welfare is protected, that their lives are free from fear and want and that they can grow up in peace.” – Kofi Annan
Family day care is an approved child care service that provides quality care and learning experiences in an educator’s home.
At Five Star we offer a safe and welcoming environment where all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
Family day care adheres to the National Quality Framework (NQF), National Regulations, National Quality Standards educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
How does Family Day Care work?
- Your child will be cared for by an individual educator in a fun, safe and inclusive environment that promotes their development and learning
- Your child is cared for in a small group of children aged 0-12 with a maximum of 4 children under school age and 3 school aged children up to age 12
- Flexible care arrangements suited to your needs. We offer before school and afterschool care, holiday care and can arrange emergency care when needed.
- Fees are set by educators according to the national guidelines and under the approval of our Coordination unit.
- Rates compare favourably with other child care services.
- Our service is approved for Child Care Subsidy, this will help reduce the cost of child care for eligible families.
- Children in care are provided with rich learning experiences that stimulate their thinking, curiosity and foster their development in a social and secure home environment.
- Educators base their program around the National Quality Framework, National Quality standards and Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Our service is fully licensed and regulated by the Department of Education and Training
- Families develop a close relationship with your educator and receive regular updates on their child’s progress
- Educators engage in ongoing professional development and receive regular home visits from our Coordination unit to monitor the children’s progress
- Regular home safety inspections are conducted and all educators adhere to strict WHS policies under the guidance of our staff
Here is a map of an approximation of Five Star Family Day Care educators we have situated all over Western and Greater Sydney. You may find their FDC name and email for you to directly contact them for any enquiries.